I wish everyone would watch this brilliant video, Why Bears, created through the donation of a private donor, and narrated and designed by bear conservationist and wildlife film presenter and narrator Chris Morgan.
From his Why Bears website, here are five things you can do to help protect the future of bears:
- Go outdoors and explore nature. See the connections between all living things. Remember, what’s good for bears is good for people.
- Learn about 1 scientist, 1 teacher, or 1 organization doing work to protect wild places and the animals that live there.
- Support that 1 scientist, 1 teacher or 1 organization either with your time, your money, or by promoting their work to others.
- Find out what is happening locally in your part of the world, your city, your neighborhood and get involved.
- Share this movie with your school, your church, your community, and your friends, help inspire others.
To learn more, check out this list of great people and organizations working to preserve wildlife and the places they inhabit.